Are you preparing for the zombie apocalypse or do you think the zombies are already among us? Here’s some sure signs that you’re living in a zombie world, as a result of playing too much of the popular zombie shooter
1. You see a real life Boomer and feel the urge to pop them.
Boomers can be either male or female but they must be incredibly obese and make gurgling sounds while they walk. In Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
, spotting this fatty is easy to do and shooting it is usually a twitch reaction.
2. You use your frying pan, crowbar, baseball bat, or garden gnome as a weapon.
All sorts of melee weapons are used in Left 4 Dead 2
. These listed are ones that are most commonly found in households.
3. When you find painkillers, you yell “Pills here!” and swallow more than necessary.
In Left 4 Dead
, you take a whole bottle of pills in one go to get that extra bit of health. We advise you to read the warning label on your Nurofen or Panadol before you try this at home.
4. You arrive early to a party to find a corner to camp in before the horde comes.
This tactic will ensure you get the best spot for enduring a horde of zombies (or people) until the frenzy dies down, as you have learnt from Left 4 Dead 1
5. You check your closet for survivors who have respawned.
Survivors who have died will show up in closets due to the unlimited life during a campaign. So if you find someone in your closet, you’ll know that they have been given a second chance to survive the zombie outbreak.
6. You always get hyper after getting a needle.
The adrenaline shots in Left 4 Dead 2
give you a short boost of speed and you move and melee much faster. It’s highly unlikely that the needles you get after a visit to the nurse has the same effects...unless it’s a psychological thing.
7. After you throw up, you bottle your bile and save it for later.
Because boomer bile is the best thing to blind and deter zombies, Tanks and humans when you need help.
8. You see an angry buff guy and yell “TAAAAANNNKKKKK!” and run.
The Tank is the boss enemy that appears every now and then to try and stop you in your tracks. He can only be defeated by four people concentrating their hits on this big guy, or by setting him on fire and running away.
9. You graffiti your own portrait onto every surface you come across.
Customisable sprays are commonly used in all multiplayer Valve games as a way to taunt other players. The default in Left 4 Dead
is the face of your favourite character.
10. You walk in on a couple making love and yell “Hunter pounced Zoey!
The Hunter is one of the original special infected which uses a crouch and pounce attack to pin down the survivors. It then proceeds to clawing at the survivor’s chest in this position. It can be easily confused with another sort of situation that you might stumble upon accidentally...
11. Your bedroom door is barred and made out of metal so that people can’t get in.
The safe house is where survivors of the zombie apocalypse are guaranteed safety and security. No one is able to get in after it’s secured. You use the window as an exit for extra security.
12. You can’t see any fire or blood because of Australian censorship restrictions.
This applies only if you are in Australia. As hard as you try, any form of fire, blood, or violence just ends up disappearing in a blank void. Strange huh?