Monday’s usually suck so let’s finish off the day with something a little more uplifting than crappy Monday night TV. Minecraft Monday is a little different from the usual games nights that we run here because it’s basically it’s just a bunch of MMGN members getting together and logging on to the MMGN Minecraft server (AKA The Gibson) and doing whatever pleases them. There’s no set guidelines for what you have to do on the night so we have a couple of suggestions listed below that may want to partake in.
- *Take other members on a guided tour of your home or what you have recently built, let other see what you have been pouring hours of work into.
- *Have a battle in one of the many specially designed battle and gaming grounds.
- *Help out with a community project. For more information on what community projects are currently under way you can check out the recent Minecraft Update article in the community section or skim though the Minecraft forums section.
- *Help out a friend with what they are working on or ask for assistance with something you are working on.
- *Trade items with other members, for example you may have accumulated a lot of cobblestone after a big mining session and there could be someone that’s keen to swap something else that you need all that unwanted cobblestone.
- *Take some screen shots for the next Minecraft Update article.
- *Socialise with other MMGN Minecraft players.
- *Go about your own thing.
Those are a few suggestions I have come up with and I’m sure you guys have some other ideas in mind as well. Since we’ll all be online at the same time there’s a lot we all can do tother, there will also be a few server admins online to help you out with reasonable requests. Don’t forget to jump on the Mumble server to make communication a lot easier.
Remember if you are not on the Gibson’s whitlist you won’t be able to log onto the server, for new MMGN members there are some small prerequisites so head over to the Server Discussion thread to find out what is required.
Game mode: Creative/survival/battle etc
Teamspeak3 Teamspeak3 discussion thread.
Date: Monday 19th September 2011
Time: [VIC/NSW][QLD] - 7.30pm, [SA] – 7.00pm ,[WA] – 5.30pm
Number of slots available: 20
Random chests of awesome game details:
For those that turned up last week you would have had the chance to look for hidden treasure stashed away in chests, those chests were scattered amongst many many other chests.
Well this week we will be trying something a little different but kinda similar...if that makes sense.
how the game works
First off you have to head over to the temporary games section. To do that enter warp game into the chat box to save yourself from the lengthy walk/fly.
In this location there will be a small number of chests. Each chest will contain items, some of these items will be awesome like diamond, armour, tools, gold and other cool stuff. However some of these chests will contain not so awesome stuff like wood and dirt.
Each person that attends Minecraft Monday will get to open 2 chests and only 2 chests. You get to keep what is in the two chests and you move on. That's basically it.
One person goes at a time so please line up and be patient, it won’t take long for one person to open 2 chests and clear them out.
Best to be on time so you don't miss out.
Click the attend button below if you want to join this game and head over to this week’s discussion thread to organize teams.
For future games nights keep an eye on the games night discussion forums or if you want to stay up to date you can follow us on Facebook and or Twitter. Also since you are most likely a Steam user you might as well join our Steam group for regular games night updates.