Monday’s usually suck so let’s finish off the day with something a little more uplifting than crappy Monday night TV. Minecraft Monday is a little different from the usual games nights that we run here because it’s basically it’s just a bunch of MMGN members getting together and logging on to the MMGN Minecraft server (AKA The Gibson) and doing whatever pleases them. There’s no set guidelines for what you have to do on the night so we have a couple of suggestions listed below that may want to partake in.
- *Take other members on a guided tour of your home or what you have recently built, let other see what you have been pouring hours of work into.
- *Have a battle in one of the many specially designed battle and gaming grounds.
- *Help out with a community project. For more information on what community projects are currently under way you can check out the recent Minecraft Update article in the community section or skim though the Minecraft forums section.
- *Help out a friend with what they are working on or ask for assistance with something you are working on.
- *Trade items with other members, for example you may have accumulated a lot of cobblestone after a big mining session and there could be someone that’s keen to swap something else that you need all that unwanted cobblestone.
- *Take some screen shots for the next Minecraft Update article.
- *Socialise with other MMGN Minecraft players.
- *Go about your own thing.
Those are a few suggestions I have come up with and I’m sure you guys have some other ideas in mind as well. Since we’ll all be online at the same time there’s a lot we all can do tother, there will also be a few server admins online to help you out with reasonable requests. Don’t forget to jump on the Mumble server to make communication a lot easier.
Remember if you are not on the Gibson’s whitlist you won’t be able to log onto the server, for new MMGN members there are some small prerequisites so head over to the Server Discussion thread to find out what is required.
Since the Pixel art comp was so much fun and resulted in you guys making some super cool work we have decided to do something similar. This time it will involve you guys making something interesting using select materials in a limited amount of space. All materials that are permitted for this competition will be provided, and please only use the provided materials for this competition and not for other projects.
That’s all I’m going to disclose at this point in time, full details will be available Monday 6th June. So keep your eyes peeled to the Minecraft forums.
Game mode: Creative/survival/battle etc
Voice: Mumble Mumble discussion thread.
Date: Monday 6th June 2011
Time: [VIC/NSW][QLD] - 7.30pm, [SA] – 7.00pm ,[WA] – 5.30pm
Number of slots available: 20
Make sure you have Mumble because that makes communication so much better, for more details on Mumble and how to get onto the MMGN Mumble server Click here!
Click the attend button below if you want to join this game and head over to this week’s discussion thread to organize teams.
For future games nights keep an eye on the games night discussion forums or if you want to stay up to date you can follow us on Facebook and or Twitter. Also since you are most likely a Steam user you might as well join our Steam group for regular games night updates.