Preferred Web Browser

Featured 27943 Views 577 Posts On the Internet
A bit of a generic question but my curiosity has gotten the better of me. So as the title suggest what web browser do you prefer to use? IE, FireFox, Safari, Google Chrome or Opera.

Personally I stick with FireFox because I like the feel of it and it hasn't given me any dramas since I started using it. On occasion I'll fire up IE to check some coded work because I've noticed IE to be more fussy with code errors.



Some related threads that you might find interesting or helpful


 •  Google Chrome Plugins, Extensions and Themes
 •  Phone Browser general discussion
 •  Firefox General Discussion
 •  Your Firefox Addons/Themes
 •  Firefox Skins
 •  Google Chrome
 •  Google Chrome games


If there's other threads you think should be added to this list of links please feel free to message me or the original author of this discussion.
Firefox hasn't let me down although i was hesitant to make the switch from IE a few years back, whats chrome like?
Used to love Netscape in the past, since it died I switched to Opera for a few years and now on Chrome. Tried others like Maxthon, Safari, Firefox, Lunascape but didn't stick with them.

Also have IE 9 Beta which actually runs quite well...
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Just installed FF4 last night because I did a fresh install, feels a little disorientation coming from the previous version. I'm yet to try my plugins so I'm hoping they all work as well.
Every plug-in that I have tries has worked except for one, the australian dictionary.
FF4 Looks a bit neater compared to the old one I reckon.

DoYL said: Every plug-in that I have tries has worked except for one, the australian dictionary.
FF4 Looks a bit neater compared to the old one I reckon.




Good to know and I'm used to the dictionary underlining "colour"
I use Chrome, but it isn't my preferred browser.
My screenshot add-on hasn't implemented use of the add-on bar =(
LOL, IE's always left out.
Thought I'd post this in this thread:



WHY THE HELL HAS MY GOOGLE CHROME BEEN DOING THIS LATELY??!?!?!? [Rage] [Rage] [Rage]

Has anyone else been experiencing this?
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
I'm all about the Chrome, all about the chrome.

Heller said: I'm all about the Chrome, all about the chrome.



chrome is where the heart is
Chrome is for hipsters Preferred Web Browser

Guyver said: Chrome is for hipsters



you are a hipster guyver. with your excess love for retro gaming [MOG]
FireFox for me
RockMelt FTW =D
www.rockmelt.com/...

Huddo said:

Guyver said: Chrome is for hipsters


you are a hipster guyver. with your excess love for retro gaming




I'm just old, there's a difference :P
I'm to set to move from FireFox now.

I use Chrome as a secondary bowser though if I need to be logged into a site twice or something.
safari for me.. I'll never use Firefox ever again
I use rockmelt. Its integration with lots of extra services makes it my favourite.

capt_oats said: Thought I'd post this in this thread:

WHY THE HELL HAS MY GOOGLE CHROME BEEN DOING THIS LATELY??!?!?!?
Has anyone else been experiencing this?



Sometimes happens to me and for some reason embedded YouTube videos no longer work for me.
I gave Chrome a really good run again recently a I'd previously only tried it when it was new so didn't give it much of a chance. Sadly my return fared little better. The bugs were gone so you can use it for sure, but it didn't really do anything to make me stick with it. It just annoyed me and didn't give me a reason to switch from firefox. My computer and internet are both very fast so this sluggishness people speak of just isn't there.

Skarteh said: I gave Chrome a really good run again recently a I'd previously only tried it when it was new so didn't give it much of a chance. Sadly my return fared little better. The bugs were gone so you can use it for sure, but it didn't really do anything to make me stick with it. It just annoyed me and didn't give me a reason to switch from firefox. My computer and internet are both very fast so this sluggishness people speak of just isn't there.



chrome is very slimmed down. IE and firefox have alot of other menus and features alot of people never use.

is it the extras that firefox has that u like?

Azza said:

capt_oats said: Thought I'd post this in this thread:

WHY THE HELL HAS MY GOOGLE CHROME BEEN DOING THIS LATELY??!?!?!?
Has anyone else been experiencing this?


Sometimes happens to me and for some reason embedded YouTube videos no longer work for me.


This stopped happening to me when Chrome got an update. =D

It was starting to bug me as you noticed. :P
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PC Content

Most Anticipated September Game

Most Anticipated September Game

3 days ago Polls 2 8
Watch: LawBreakers gameplay first look trailer

Watch: LawBreakers gameplay first look trailer

Tano 17 hours News 1 1
Disney Infinity 3.0 + Twilight of the Republic review

Disney Infinity 3.0 + Twilight of the Republic review

Gryllis 23 hours Reviews 0 2
Crown Casino to host CS:GO ESL tournament

Crown Casino to host CS:GO ESL tournament

Tano 1 day News 2 4
Lara Croft GO available now on mobile devices

Lara Croft GO available now on mobile devices

Tano 1 day News 0 2
Rocket League sales on Steam top 1 million

Rocket League sales on Steam top 1 million

Tano 1 day News 2 2
Lawbreakers on console? 'Hit up Microsoft and Sony'
Tano 1 day News 1 3
Mad Max map size 'has no finite limit'

Mad Max map size 'has no finite limit'

Tano 1 day News 0 6
NBA 2K16: The best new features in this year's game

NBA 2K16: The best new features in this year's game

Tano 1 day Articles 5 5

Community Content

What's it really like going to E3?

What's it really like going to E3?

12/06/2015 Blog 5 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

commented on Watch: LawBreakers gameplay first look trailer

Bloard 15 hours ago
Username

commented on Lawbreakers on console? 'Hit up Microsoft and Sony'

Booth 15 hours ago
Username

Tano, Morgan_H commented on Melbourne's Crown Casino to host Counter-Strike: GO ESL tournament

Tano 1 day ago
Username

Leasha, Tano, Mobe1969 commented on The latest Hitman movie looks to be a stinker

Leasha 1 day ago
Username

Tia, L0cked1089, Lo33 and other 3 users commented on Win Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on PlayStation 4!

Tia 1 day ago
Username

Robert643, stygiaN_, cianor and other 5 users commented on Win Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on PlayStation 4!

Robert643 2 days ago