PS2 emulator? (non illegal)

2134 Views 16 Posts PC Hardware
Hi. I want to play some old classic Ps2 games, but my PS3 is the 80GB version that does not support ps2 games, and I traded in my Ps2 when I got my PS3.

So, without wanting to spend $100 on a new Ps2, I am asking if anyone knows of a PS2 emulator taht will work on my PC? One that allows me to just put the PS2 disc in the drive and play off teh disc.

There are heaps of cheap pre-owned PS2 games I want to buy, but I can not play them.

Please anyone know of one?
pcsx2.net/

Started working well once i got my new graphics card.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Yay said:


Thanks!

And this will allow me to just run teh game off the disc?

I don't have to download any plugin's or anything like that?
Plug-ins should come with it. And you'll need to get the BIOS file from somewhere. After that you have to set it up so it loads games from your DVD drive and you should be fine.
But i thought downloading BIOS was illegal? If not, do i have to download the BIOS individually for each game?
Yeah downloading a ps2 bios is illegal, thats why it isnt included with the program

LARASMYBIS said: But i thought downloading BIOS was illegal? If not, do i have to download the BIOS individually for each game?

Its for the emulator, not the games. So you only need to download it once. And yes AFAIK it is illegal to download the BIOS, so it's up to you whether you do so or not.

Yay said:

LARASMYBIS said: But i thought downloading BIOS was illegal? If not, do i have to download the BIOS individually for each game?

Its for the emulator, not the games. So you only need to download it once. And yes AFAIK it is illegal to download the BIOS, so it's up to you whether you do so or not.


Oh. Okay. Would i get in trouble if i were to ask you where i could get the BIOS for the program? I really want to play sly raccoon and its only 10 dollars preowned.

LARASMYBIS said:

Yay said:

LARASMYBIS said: But i thought downloading BIOS was illegal? If not, do i have to download the BIOS individually for each game?

Its for the emulator, not the games. So you only need to download it once. And yes AFAIK it is illegal to download the BIOS, so it's up to you whether you do so or not.


Oh. Okay. Would i get in trouble if i were to ask you where i could get the BIOS for the program? I really want to play sly raccoon and its only 10 dollars preowned.



Just get a PS2 that's what I did for Kingdom Hearts 1/2, Final Fantasy 10/10-2/12.
guys this is getting out of hand. Talk of illegal activities is not allowed here, even if it is a hypothetical situation. Be very, very carefull or this thread will magically vanish
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
A couple of weeks ago, I got a PS2 with everything for $2 at a garage sale. Maybe try looking around those?

Doles said: A couple of weeks ago, I got a PS2 with everything for $2 at a garage sale. Maybe try looking around those?



Dam sounds to me that person was desperate to get ridd of it, fantastic find there Doles.

Doles said: A couple of weeks ago, I got a PS2 with everything for $2 at a garage sale. Maybe try looking around those?


Holy crap!

I wish I found something like that

So I guess there is really no legal way to run PS2 games from your PC

I guess I will just have to either wait for SONY to bring out BC in a new firmware update, or just fork out $100 for a new PS2, which I really do not need. lol
I see them ALL the time for around the $15-$20 mark. Go looking. Seriously
And it's much better than running it emulated, where majority of the games don't run at full speed.

Silence said: And it's much better than running it emulated, where majority of the games don't run at full speed.


Yes, I have this problem now. I do not know if its the game, my PC or just the emulator i'm using (the one Yay linked me to). But I have tried changing the settings and whatnot, but it still goes all choppy. I was stuffing around with it for about 2 hours last night. I got it to a setting that actually let me go into gameplay without it freezing during the opening cutscene, but sadly, the gameplay was all choppy and slow.

I guess I will just have to buy a PS2.

Stupid SONY not putting BC in the new PS3's
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PC Content

Favourite 2014 game so far?

Favourite 2014 game so far?

19/06/2014 Polls 23 33
Assassin's Creed Unity TV spot competition winners!

Assassin's Creed Unity TV spot competition winners!

MMGN 1 hour News 12 23
The Sims 4 is very emotional right now
Gryllis 1 hour News 0 4
How many digital subscriptions can we handle?

How many digital subscriptions can we handle?

Gryllis 1 day Articles 6 11
Watch Assassin's Creed: Unity's Arno save a lady

Watch Assassin's Creed: Unity's Arno save a lady

Gryllis 1 day News 0 4
CoD: Advanced Warfare campaign trailer

CoD: Advanced Warfare campaign trailer

Tano 1 day News 6 9
CoD: Advanced Warfare collector's editions for Aus
Gryllis 1 day News 3 5
Chuck Norris: The Game revealed?
Tano 1 day News 4 9
Australia's plans to crackdown on piracy leaked

Australia's plans to crackdown on piracy leaked

Gryllis 2 days Articles 15 12

Community Content

Curse of Naxxramas Tomorrow

Curse of Naxxramas Tomorrow

M@ndyz 22/07 News 0 8
Dino D-Day free from Bundle Stars and PCGamer

Dino D-Day free from Bundle Stars and PCGamer

A2ra3l 06/07 News 1 6
My proudest individual achievement

My proudest individual achievement

6 days ago Blog 10 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

1wiierdguy, Hugo commented on EA Access is not good value - Sony

1wiierdguy 5 hours ago
Username

Letrico is now Level 7!

Letrico 8 hours ago
Username

commented on The Last Of Us: Remastered - Picking it up?

KezDaMuss 8 hours ago
Username

commented on Hitman’s Barcode

Shahinu177 13 hours ago
Username

Tano, Pilkingbod, tsubibo, maxiboy commented on The World According to Chuck Norris could be the best game ever made

Tano 1 day ago
Username

barters81, 1wiierdguy commented on EA Access subscription service coming to Xbox One

barters81 1 day ago
Username

commented on The Last Of Us: Remastered - Picking it up?

barters81 1 day ago