BattleField Play for free

3658 Views 29 Posts PC Gaming
www.gamearena.com.au/...

Just came across this while browsing the intarnetz, probably wont be all that great but just for anyone interested, its another free play fps like bf heroes, but a realistic one with graphics similar to bad company(maybe not quite as good). Looks like it'll be the best f2p shooter to come along, but again most people wont be able to enjoy the best features unless they whip out that credit card.

battlefield.play4free.com/...

You can sign up for more info with your email on this site ^^.
I hate it when devs make trailers with zero gameplay at all. Also, I hate when a game on Steam has lots of screenshots of pretty cutscenes and scenery, but no gameplay screenies: makes me wonder about the quality of that game.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

desi said: I hate it when devs make trailers with zero gameplay at all. Also, I hate when a game on Steam has lots of screenshots of pretty cutscenes and scenery, but no gameplay screenies: makes me wonder about the quality of that game.



There is a gameplay video, I'll find it just a sec

desi said: I hate it when devs make trailers with zero gameplay at all. Also, I hate when a game on Steam has lots of screenshots of pretty cutscenes and scenery, but no gameplay screenies: makes me wonder about the quality of that game.




It really shouldn't be their primary focus to show off cut scenes in a trailer, reminds me off the PS1 days.
Wow, that game play looks hideous :E

Guyver said: It really shouldn't be their primary focus to show off cut scenes in a trailer, reminds me off the PS1 days.


Ehehe yeah, reminds me of the screenshots they were distributing when they first announced the PS2. I remember a photorealistic Madden footballer picture that the Official Playstation Magazine was jizzing all over and thinking, Yeah, that will be the day.

DoYL said: Wow, that game play looks hideous


OH MY GOD, BUNNYHOPPING. [Facepalm]
play for free, that reminds me, whatever happened to battlefield heroes?
So they have started sending out closed beta keys.
I got one, am definitely willing to give it a go.

Anyone else get one?
Nope, not willing to touch any FPS where a man requires more than a single burst to die.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Yeah i got one a few weeks ago. Only played it a couple of times though. Cant say much more *shakes fist at NDA* :P
I just got a beta key today, will see how it fares...
If I have time i'll be on tonight and see what it's like.
Your all lucky you got one...
I didnt get one :'@
Sweet I got in too. :)
opened it up last night to give it a go.

set it all up, hit "play now" (no server browser option or even game type filter or anything, just play now)
searched for a server for about 1 minute, found one, then said disconnected.
repeated 4 times.
finally got into a server. Got in, saw the map, then took 2 minutes to fart around for I have no idea what.
Then, I see the game through the eyes of my soldier!
Only then, before I get to move at all, the round ended.
Then time was up and I had to leave and go do real life stuff.

From what I saw so far, it has really bad graphics :P that is all.
No opinion yet on the gameplay.
:O did you not read the NDA

lol.

I had a similar experience when I got my code this morning but after prowling through the forums I found the solution to all but the connection problem (which I put down to my being in Tassie and possibly nobody else in the beta being anywhere near me)

The "play now" works the same way as battlefield heroes, there is no server browser in there either.
Just got a code, will be playing today ^_^
Been downloading all night...hopefully it should be done tonight.

A2ra3l said: did you not read the NDA
lol.


What are they gonna do about it, terminate his account? :S
I used my rather valuable bandwidth to download the game, only to hit a file corruption error toward the end. So if I want to play i have to re-download it and that's.... not gonna happen.

desi said:

A2ra3l said: did you not read the NDA
lol.


What are they gonna do about it, terminate his account?


apparently yeah.

Frazerc83 said: I used my rather valuable bandwidth to download the game, only to hit a file corruption error toward the end. So if I want to play i have to re-download it and that's.... not gonna happen.


The game was what, 500mb?
its rather teeny.

DoYL said:

desi said:

A2ra3l said: did you not read the NDA
lol.


What are they gonna do about it, terminate his account?


apparently yeah.

Frazerc83 said: I used my rather valuable bandwidth to download the game, only to hit a file corruption error toward the end. So if I want to play i have to re-download it and that's.... not gonna happen.


The game was what, 500mb?
its rather teeny.



in my prog files it's incomplete and is showing around 900mb
Hey look i got in the Beta.
Might download this later.
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PC Content

Favourite 2014 game so far?

Favourite 2014 game so far?

19/06/2014 Polls 23 38
Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King DLC review
PaulV 10 hours Reviews 0 5
Valve being sued in Australia over Steam's refund policy

Valve being sued in Australia over Steam's refund policy

Gryllis 14 hours News 13 12
Assassin's Creed Unity delayed into November

Assassin's Creed Unity delayed into November

Gryllis 14 hours News 1 6
Titanfall's latest update adds 8v8 Pilot deathmatch

Titanfall's latest update adds 8v8 Pilot deathmatch

Tano 15 hours News 0 3
Resident Evil Remake looks so much better in HD

Resident Evil Remake looks so much better in HD

Gryllis 16 hours News 13 5
Changes could see Steam, mobile games rated in Aus

Changes could see Steam, mobile games rated in Aus

Gryllis 1 day News 2 3
The original BioShock has been released for iOS

The original BioShock has been released for iOS

Tano 1 day News 13 13
The Sims 4 interview: Talking emotional, intelligent Sims

The Sims 4 interview: Talking emotional, intelligent Sims

Tano 1 day Articles 3 5

Community Content

Awesome Gaming Stuff of Tomorrow, Today!

Awesome Gaming Stuff of Tomorrow, Today!

01/08/2014 Blog 5 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

Daniel369 got Fracture, Prince of Persia, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and other 25 games

Daniel369 18 mins ago