Patch 1.0.3a for Diablo 3 fixes that pesky issue that restricted unverified digital purchasers to only reaching level 13 in Act 1.
The latest patch removes that restriction, but other limitations still remain for digital purchasers until their account has been verified. Why? To deter credit card fraud according to Blizzard. The restrictions can last up to 72 hours and are as follows:
- No public game access for unverified digital purchasers
- No auction house access (real-money or gold) for unverified digital purchasers
- Unverified digital purchasers cannot trade items or drop items for other players to receive
- Unverified digital purchasers are not able to chat in any public or game channels
- Unverified digital purchasers cannot attach a custom message to friend requests, but they can send/accept friend requests, and play with their friends
- Global Play is not available for unverified digital purchasers
Word to the wise - verify your account!
By Stephen Heller - Bio