We are currently in the process of upgrading the MyMedia websites to version 8.0; there’s a lot more to it than a simple redesign.
As a part of the upgrade, we are rebranding MyMedia!
the next generation of the MyMedia Games Network.
The biggest change: Everything will be relaunched under a united MMGN.com. We will become one site under one unified brand: it will be a merger of nine sites. Each previous site will be presented as a Channel under MMGN.com.
We are doing this for three main reasons
- Identity / Unity - MMGN.com creates a strong brand identity, which you can relate to and feel proud to be a part of, whereas currently each site is individual, secluded, and not working together as well as they should be.
- Technology - MMGN.com will be built with the latest and greatest technology, and we have tons of awesome features planned for our members.
- Domain - MMGN will provide us with the ability to launch many new channels without fighting for domain names. For example, MyApple / MyPC / MyPS4 will simply be apple.mmgn.com, pc.mmgn.com and PS4.mmgn.com etc.
Changes are always hard, but we think this will be awesome; a great step forward. MyMedia has grown into one of Australia’s largest gaming networks since it first launched with PSPmeet back in 2005. We feel we’ve developed as much as possible with nine different communities, and hope to achieve bigger and better things under one brand.
MMGN.com will unite us all under one brand, one site and one identity.
What changes will come with MMGN.com?
- Centralised Home page - MMGN.com will be a centralised portal for all channels
- One profile - All of your contributions, content and goodies will live under one section
- Awesome URLs - URLs will be much more simplified and straight forward. For example, your profile will simply be mmgn.com/user/username, whereas games will be ps3.mmgn.com/games/GT5
- Single sign-in - Once you are logged in, you are always logged in to all sites.
- Network Security - Better managed security across all sites at the same time
- Combined messages / point system - Your effort on one channel will count towards your medal and points effort. You don't need to check 9 sites to get all your messages
- Social Networking - You will be able to sign in using your Facebook account
- Shared content - one discussion topics, reviews etc. shared between all the sites.
- Nothing will be lost - all the existing discussions / reviews / mates / messages / medals will be retained on the new sites.
- Plus heaps more!
There will be tons of awesome little things to make the network even more fun and exciting. All will be revealed as we get closer to the launch date.
When’s it all happening?
- PC.mmgn.com with MMGN.com will be launched in March 2010
- PS3 and 360 will be launched as PS3.MMGN.com and 360.MMGN.com in April 2010
- In May, we will see most of the sites moved over, and we will be launching MMGN.com officially with awesome prize packs with our future launch partners. Prizes will include Xbox systems and tons of games.
Does this mean I have to post on all sites?
The forums will remain separate under their own channels. For example, MyWii’s forum will be available on wii.mmgn.com. As such you will not be forced to venture out of your current forums if you do not wish. In saying that, it’ll be a lot easier to, and we’ll be able to promote everything in the correct areas.
I have so many questions!
We will be publishing a FAQ shortly to answer some of your questions. Feel free to ask any questions the comments below and we will include them in the FAQ section.
Follow MMGN on Twitter for all the latest news on development. This account will be used for technical development. We'll have a new automated account for all of the latest content from MMGN when it goes live.