Direct download#1: http://220.127.116.11/StarForge_V0.1.zip
Help us out by donating at - http://www.codehatch.com/donate.html
- A huge thank to everyone who is donating! If this keeps up we can work on it full time.:)
Third party torrents will be listed here as we become aware of them. If you want your torrent to be known tell us about it and we will put it up here. Thanks for helping us spread this. :)
Big thanks to Cory from x10hosting for putting the first two download links up. He said it's running on their 1GB/s connection!
More Direct Downloads:
Direct download#2: http://18.104.22.168/StarForge_V0.1.zip
http://www.indiedb.com/games/starforgegame/downloads/starforge-v01-zip - Another download, great site for indie games.
http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/97888/starforge-client-v0-1 - Posted mirrors here, thanks so much to them for doing so!
Music by http://www.loudcore.com
First song heard in the video: http://loudcore.bandcamp.com/track/union-downfall-single
- Go to http://www.forgeforums.com to view game fixes and talk with us. They will be reported in the Feedback/Bugs section: http://www.forgeforums.com/viewforum.php?f=12
- When the game launches you will be immediately greeted with a blank screen. This is normal behavior, as the level is building during this phase, including procedural texture generation. It may take a couple minutes on some computers. This is something we plan to fix in the near future.
- Some the features shown in the video are not yet included in this build but they will be playable soon.
- The game may not run on your computer, has performance issues and playability problems. We strongly apologize for this and we are set on fixing these issues over the next few weeks.
We hope that these temporary problems will not create a bad impression and we are unsure if we revealed our game too soon. Nonetheless we will work hard to make the game as it ought to be.
http://www.codehatch.com - Site working bug sluggish - Visit while other servers are down for official info, links, forums, ect.
http://www.starforge.com - The main hub, currently down,
http://www.hatchstore.net - Register your online account early. Server currently down though.
We removed the download mirrors from our website as our servers are unable to handle the traffic. However, we will remove them once we feel the existing torrents are well-seeded enough.
Also, to address some skepticism: ALL of the video is real footage of the game, recorded with Fraps. However, I regret to say that the build released today (which is currently being seeded) has glitches and performance issues, and is limited mostly to people with higher-spec computers. Also, while ALL of the features shown ARE real, not all of them are implemented in the first build as they need to be further developed and optimized in order to be well-received by the public. The build is slow enough as it is and we are having our hands full with ONE build, let alone one for each feature (and the executables exist - we used them to make the video). We will be working as hard as we can, over the next few weeks, responding to player criticism (Go to our website at www.forgeforums.com) implementing major performance revisions and generally fixing everything.
All of the features promised in the video are in mid development and will appear in a future build very soon. At the end of the day though we are just two people and only have 24 hours in a day like anyone else. We had no idea our project would receive this much attention and we hope that we timed this right. We will try our very hardest over the coming months and years to make this project the exact way we envisioned it to be.
Thank you all so much for the attention and positive feedback so far.
--Steve & Will, CodeHatch
Link to us http://pc.mmgn.com/Videos/StarForge-First-Playable-Release
Video by: Heller
Vote for this article